North Texas Samoyed Rescue, Inc.
Saving Sammy Smiles Since 2002
You Can Help
There are many ways that you can help North Texas Samoyed Rescue, Inc. with its rescue efforts. Here are just a few:
1. ADOPT A RESCUED SAMOYED. Samoyeds are wonderful dogs! They are very people-oriented and especially love children. Also, they usually get along well with other pets in the household.
Many Samoyeds serve as therapy dogs, visiting nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities to interact with patients. Some of our adoptive families enjoy agility and/or obedience competitions with their Samoyeds. Others have found their adopted Samoyeds to be great companions for hiking, sledding, and a wide variety of other activities.
It has been our experience that a rescued dog is a grateful dog. Rescued Sammies make loyal and loving companions. Please go to our Up For Adoption page to see pictures of rescued Sammies currently needing "forever" homes and read about our Adoption Policy.
2. FOSTER A RESCUED SAMOYED. There is almost always a need for foster homes. Fostering is a very rewarding experience. It basically involves providing a safe and clean temporary home, food and water - and love, of course - for the rescued Samoyed until such time as a "forever" home can be found. In some instances, it may also involve administering medications (paid for by NTSRI), or possibly transporting the dog for veterinary visits.
Foster "parents" need not have a lot of previous experience - just a love of dogs (especially Samoyeds) and a desire to help us save a life. There is no "salary" or other remuneration involved - just the reward of knowing that you are helping a Samoyed that otherwise would have no place to go. Many people volunteer to foster dogs as a way to get to know the breed and the individual dog, to see if it would be a good "fit" on a permanent adoption basis. And foster "parents" are never alone - NTSRI is here to help and support you in any way we can.
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent to a Samoyed in need, click here to view our Foster Caregiver Application and Agreement. The form can be filled out and e-mailed to NTSRI President Lynn Sluder at email@example.com.
3. Baby-sit for a foster "parent." Perhaps you cannot, at this time, take a rescued Samoyed to foster for an indefinite period of time. But maybe you could provide a few days of care for a dog, for a foster home that needs to tend to a family emergency or other matter.
4. Offer to transport. NTSRI's rescue activities cover a wide area that includes not only North Texas, but other parts of the state, as well as Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and Louisiana. If you would be willing to help us with transportation of these dogs, it would be very much appreciated!
5. Honor or memorialize a loved one. NTSRI accepts donations in honor or in memory of loved ones. We spend an average of $300-400 on each rescued Samoyed, but the adoption fee donation we request from adoptive families is much less than that. Gifts given to NTSRI in memory or in honor of someone help to bridge this gap and ensure that we can help other Samoyeds in the future. When NTSRI receives cash donations, a card is sent to the honoree or the family of the deceased, to gratefully acknowledge the gift. NTSRI is a 501(c)(3) (tax exempt) (see our IRS Determination Letter) corporation; therefore, your donations are tax deductible.
6. Consider donating pet care items. NTSRI is constantly in need of items such as leashes and collars. Also, we can always use shampoo, cleaning supplies, paper towels, etc. for our foster families, to help defray their out-of-pocket expenses. Foster families also would appreciate donations of crates and bedding!
7. Support our fundraising efforts. NTSRI regularly holds fundraisers such as garage sales and online auctions. Also, North Texas Samoyed Fanciers, Inc., the AKC-affiliated breed club for the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, holds raffles or other activities at its fun matches, the proceeds of which are donated to NTSRI. NTSRI gratefully accepts donations of items for these activities. You may want to keep an eye on our "What's New" page for information on when one of these events is planned, then contact us at the e-mail address below to find out how and where to bring your items. Also, we always welcome volunteers to help set up and man the events!
Now Making A Donation
To NTSRI Is Easier Than Ever!
North Texas Samoyed Rescue, Inc. has a PayPal account! Consider using PayPal to donate funds to NTSRI. You do not have to have a PayPal account. It's fast, easy and secure, and your donation is tax deductible! Simply click on the button above.
Shop And Benefit NTSRI At The
North Texas Samoyed Rescue, Inc. can also benefit from your shopping online! There are two ways to do this:
1. Click on www.adoptashelter.com. This link will take you to the "Adopt-A-Shelter" website, which is a portal to over 400 online shopping venues. Each time you shop at one of these, a donation is made to NTSRI.
2. Click on the Rescue Partners page of our website. There, you will find other ways to help generate donations to NTSRI.
©2012, North Texas Samoyed Rescue, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of NTSRI. To request reproduction permission, please contact webmaster.nortexsamrescue.org.